1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories and types of "Personal Information:"
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, social media usernames, and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information (relating to actual transactions only);
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products or services viewed or requested on our Site;
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
- Transactional Purposes: We may use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to receive, process, confirm, send and track your requisition.
- Communicate with you about your requisition or order
- Analytical Purposes: We may use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We may use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data and inferences to Inform you of our new products, services and offers; provide you with targeted advertising; run promotions and sale specials; and provide you with other information from and about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We may use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to provide you with the Site and Services, including to send you alerts about your account; handle your customer service requests; and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, the Site, and the Services.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We may use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the Site and services, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal and Other Requirements: We may use your personal information to comply with legal requirements or when necessary to provide to our legal counsel, accountants or other advisors. We may also use your personal information for other purposes for which you have consented to.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We may collect contact, demographic and financial information directly from you including when you fill out a form on our Site, sign up for communications from us, or ask us to contact you. The information that we collect depends on the nature of your interactions with us.
- We collect information from third-party sources. We may also collect information about you from third-party sources, including any information you make publicly available on social media platforms or other online or offline resources, or when you give us consent to link your account to a third-party service or provider.
- We collect information from you passively. We may collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
4. Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
- Service Providers
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours ("Service Providers"). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
- Our Affiliates
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us.
- Corporate Transactions
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We may use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
6. Advertising and Online Tracking
7. Managing Your Information Preferences
You can opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the link provided at the bottom of all marketing e-mails you receive from us. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us, however, some emails are necessary to request, execute, and conclude transactions with us and to ascertain the status of your account.
8. Use Caution When Sharing Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
12. Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
14. Informational Accuracy
To the extent that you provide us with personal information, Dahl's Equipment Rentals wishes to maintain accuracy in that information. Personal Information collected from you through our website can be updated or corrected at your discretion by contacting us at the location and addresses listed below, and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your personal information as soon as practicable.
15. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at:
Dahl's Equipment Rentals, Inc.
1110 N 10th St, San Jose CA 95112
Phone (408) 292-1888
Fax (408) 292-6625
At Dahl's Equipment Rentals we are deeply committed to privacy and fully support industry efforts to protect individual privacy rights on the Internet. Defending your privacy online is an ever-changing process, and we are vigilantly updating our policies and procedures to meet these demands.